On "Redneck Revolt" from Post-Proletariat

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
el psy congroo
Apr 13 2017 13:28

You're welcome, K. but I can't take any credit for the post. I just read the blog

bootsy
Apr 13 2017 22:12

That is a much better critique of Redneck Revolt than the previous one you posted. I can sympathise with a lot of it for sure. Except for the part about white working class communities inevitably siding with the ruling class. It might happen in some cases but it is certainly not a given and don't forget that Appalachian coal mining communities, which these days are the heart of reactionary white rednecks, have also been at the heart of some of the biggest class struggles in American history during the strike movements during the 1930s and 1970s. The ascendency of reactionary ideology amongst these communities is both a product of their previous limitations as well as the defeat of their class struggles and the current situation of class peace. As the author will agree class peace can often be dependent upon a slow fizzing civil war within the proletariat itself, in many cases anyway.

Part of the issue I have with Redneck Revolt is they are overly focused on the issue of race whereas the only context within which the racial issue can effectively be tackled and combatted is one of increased class antagonism. Its class war which creates the possibility of dominant ideologies coming unstuck and new perspectives based upon solidarity and revolution can have the potential to flourish.

el psy congroo
Apr 14 2017 23:00

Word up. Well said

el psy congroo
Apr 18 2017 15:09

https://www.redneckrevolt.org/single-post/2017/02/20/A-MESSAGE-TO-THE-PATRIOT-MOVEMENT